SPAM: Does it ever stop ...

... I guess not. Today I received the following mail on my very old Hotmail account.

Dear User,

We are sorry to inform you that we care currently working on securing our server. During this process, an account that is not manually verified by us will be deleted, Please confirm that you have an account and submit your information for manual verification by one of our customer care representatives

Information that is be to provided is below:
User Name:
UserID:
Password:
Date Of Birth:
Country (At Signup):

Upon confirmation of the information from you, we will manually verify your yahoo account and, thereby, prevent it from being deleted, We are sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Account owner "who" refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Copyright © 2008 Yahoo. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy
| Terms of Service | Guide to Online Security

NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy.

Now this is funny. They're asking for my user ID and password for my Yahoo account, so I can keep using my Hotmail account. I don't even _have_ a yahoo account, and I never did!
I said it before and I'll say it again, the Internet is a very dangerous place. Please, keep your children away!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Kenny, for the first time I checked your blog after I met C3C on the train yesterday, he gave me some tips to kill time during work ;-). I really enjoyed reading your blog. Actually I also did the nerd test, the score was higher than I would have imagined (score 48). I'm looking forward to reading your blog in the future. Anyhow, we should meet again some day to catch up on old times. Cheers Jeroen

Popular posts from this blog

Remove copy protection from PDF documents

The story of the Cobalt Qube

Jori Hulkkonen feat. Jerry Valuri - Lo-Fiction