I realize it has been a long time since I last blogged on this site. I am very sorry for this, but I have been very busy.
First I started a project on MuleForge (ServingXML Transformer) that should help people using Mule to easily wrap all the power of ServingXML into one single transformer. There is already some code in the svn repository, but it doesn't build yet with maven. The problem is that ServingXML does not have any jars available in the main ibiblio repositories, so I will need to host these jars somewhere else. For the brave out there, just checkout the code, download ServingXML, put the jars in your local maven repository and issue a mvn clean install. This should get you up and running, if not, just wait for me to fix the build.
The reason why I created this project is that people where asking me off-list for new code and documentation. Unfortunately I didn't have those, so the project should solve this, I hope :)
I also got involved with uface. This small project aims to create an abstract layer on top of different UI toolkits, such as Swing and JFace, and bind the UI controls to the model using JFace's binding framework. Using the current binding framework requires a lot of repetitive coding, so this framework should ease things here and there. It is still very immature though, but in a few months, we should have a first release. I will blog about the progress we're making. Tom is also blogging about this and he does this more frequently.
So this was a short update to tell you about the stuff I am working on. I'll try to blog more frequently.